Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lovin life

Ok so havent been on here for a while.. So I figured I'd get on and tell everyone whats been going on.. Saw Lance on Tuesday and Wednesday.. They sent him to Denver to Craig hospital.. Which it sucks that I cant see him till hes back home.. But its the best place for him.. So I'm happy.. I'm not sure how long he's gonna be there.. When we were up there with him, I got to give him a hair cut.. Which wasnt the easiest, but I'm glad he let me do it.. They just put him in his chair and dad held him up so i could do the back then he layed back down while I did the rest.. We were in a bit of a hurry, so I'm sure it wasnt the best hair cut.. And the fact that I was scared to death of hurting the back where his incision was didnt help either.. I also trimmed up his goatee, and mustache.. Another first for me..
But I cant believe the progress hes making.. Its crazy from the last time I saw him.. He's getting the use of his hands back.. He was picking up popcorn and eating it, and he couldnt do that before, and also had a box of candy he would pour out in his hands.. He cant move individual fingers yet, but I'm sure he will get there with his attitude.. He works on them everyday.. He also was able to sit completely up in his wheelchair, which I didnt know he hadn't done.. We got to watch him in physical therapy try to get from his chair to a bed there.. It was hard for me not to just go pick him up and sit him down.. But I know it will come easier with practice.. They say they can't believe how strong his arms are.. Little did they know how much he hunts and packs out big elk out of the mountains huh? It was so good to see him before he left.. I did really good till dad leaned down to hug him to say goodbye and I lost it for a minute, but thats it.. I'm gettin good huh?
Well lets give an update about me since I havent for a while.. I cant believe how good things have been going.. I still cant think straight since his accident.. Everything kinda runs together I guess.. But I've been more busy with friends and other things, than I have in a long time.. Its been fun.. And I've also been able to get back with my friends I havent really talked to for the past couple years.. I cant believe how much I missed all of them.. So thats been great.. I really don't remember when I've been this happy and carefree.. It was much needed.. I stress about everything under the sun(wonder where that comes from?? mom?? ha ha) but other than kinda wanting to know everything about Lance and stressing about him leaving I havent worried about things really lately.. Its been so nice. Next week is the cornfest, and after I get off work at Remax I cant wait to get up there and see everyone.. Then I'm headed to the Beryl Bean Bake Off!! Ha ha good times in Beryl.. It will be fun to see everyone there.. But thats pretty much it I guess... Just been enjoying life to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment