Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just got back from Salt Lake

So this one will be quick, cuz my mom and I just got back from Salt Lake with Lance and I'm exhausted... We would stay in his room at night as long as we could, and be there by 8:30 so I'm tired... But it was soo good to see him again.. He was doing sooo well.. Friday and Saturday he was pretty sleepy but would talk to me a little... He was kinda funny.. Hes a little out of it still, so he told me about the 12 people he saw kinda over him and then held his arms out about a foot apart and said they are about this tall... Which I'm going with the idea that they are people watching over him.. Especially thinking its Grandpa Hunt sitting right there with him, and I told him that... Then me and my dad were in with him and he reached his hand up to his mask on him, and I said do ya got an itch? And he nodded ya so me and my dad itched around his mask and he kinda looked funny and reached his hand up to my nose and said no there.. Dork.. He also had an itch he said in the crack of his nose, so I'm itchin inside and he keeps sayin higher, so I'm pretty much pickin his nose by then and he said no on the outside crack.. We got a laugh out of that one.. It just puts a grin on my face to hear his goofy little laugh he has.. Its my favorite right now, becuz we all need a good laugh.. He told my dad happy birthday and my mom told him they had gone out to dinner with Ryan and Tammy a while ago and the waitress automatically gave him the senior discount and he laughed and said thats pretty funny.. He told me today that he misses his kids... And we talked about what amazing kids he has.. He has 5.. Makayla, Meghan, Lane, Kyler, and Kaitlyn.. They are sport playin fools and they hunt EVERYTHING!! I get pictures sent to my phone all the time with something one of the kids shot.. They love it.. So we talked a lot about that.. I'm surprised how much he talked to me.. And it made me feel so much at peace.. This weekend has helped me so much being there with him that long.. I was standing over him and he woke up and looked at me and I asked what he needed and he said I just wanted to make sure you were still there... I know he likes anyone in there with him, but that made me feel like I was 10 feet tall.. I loved it.. We had a really spiritual experience today.. Me and his mom were in with him and I saw a couple in church clothes with the sacrament.. And mentioned it to him and he said go get them.. So I double checked with his nurse(which he wasnt to fond of the one he had today.. she wasnt as nice) that he could take it, and she said yes.. So they were just going to see someone else and would be in and he kept sayin "Are they comin?" And wanted them in there right away, but then grabbed me down so I could hear thru his mask and asked what was on tv (he had just asked for it to be turned on and he was turned so he couldnt see it) and I said cycling, and he said, "good I didnt want it to be girls in bikini's or something bad!" And I about died laughing.. Hes a crack up sometimes.. But they came in and we all took it and me and his mom helped him take it and it was so spiritual.. I got the comfort that I really needed and was so happy that I got to be there... I needed that becuz I was so sad knowing I was coming home today, I could live on his couch in his room and be content.. Just to be there makes me feel like I'm doing something, so today was hard until then.. It was hard still sayin bye but much better.. They brought in his food when I was there(this isnt short huh?) and he asked what it was and she said roast, carrots, mashed potatoes, soup and pears.. Sounds good right?? WRONG! They lifted up the plate and its all pured.. YUCK! He started getting a lil pnenomina(hope you can read that) But I think its gone now, but they are still careful with solid foods.. And he was so funny.. He said let me see it, and saw it and said no way.. Thats mush.. I kept sayin Lance just try it and hed shut his mouth, and shake nu uh! Lol.. I kept sayin member how you tell your kids they need to eat, well little sisters makin you eat.. And he said just bring me like half a can of pears and thats it.. Dork.. Hes like they cook all the food, stick it in a blender, then go WHEEEEEE (making the blending noise) Ha ha.. Then my parents came in and we were still talking bout it and said would you eat that crap??? Well when they came in I had to leave cuz we can only have 2 still, and mom said to tell him bye cuz we were headed home.. And I walked over to him and he kinda reached his arms out to hug me and I leaned down and said I will come back up and told him I love him, and I dont think I've ever heard that from him and he said Love you too.. Makes me teary eyed now thinkin about it.. I've never gotten that close to Lance cuz hes always lived so far away and hes ten years older, and I felt so close today.. I love him so much and see him progressing.. I was amazed how much we talked today.. He's usually too tired.. So I was so happy.. I cant wait to get back up there, but not sure when I will be able to. They are starting him on physical therapy I think tomorrow, and my dad talked to the doctor and I think they said after that its 1 to 3 months of therapy and if thats good he gets to go home.. So thats good, even tho he will be farther away from me.. When we left today I heard Miley Cyrus's the Climb and told my mom he needs to hear that, so I think when hes feelin better I'm gonna write him a letter and put the lyrics in it, and my mom says if hes not too embarrased I could sing it to him.. But dont know if he would like that much.. But the message is incredible and its just an amazing song and its good for everyone going thru some hard times to hear it and really listen.. But I need to go get some sleep.. Thats all I really remember and know so far, but will keep you all posted on what I hear..
Love you all

2 comments:

  1. wow tace, I am glad you got to go up there and feel some comfort and peace! as hard as things may get the lord will never give us trials that we can't handle. love you lots! let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete